Monday, April 11, 2011

Waiting on Wells

Now, you all know that there is only one other day in your life bigger than your wedding... and that's the birth of your child.  My best friend and sisser (yes, that's supposed to say sisser), Sharon, made her debut down the isle as a true Statesboro Bride to meet to the love of her life Brian on September 26, 2009 and today they wait...as patiently as they can... for their little man to make his debut into the world!



So, in the spirit of celebrating new beginnings on this wedding blog, I want to take just a few minutes to celebrate another BIG DAY!! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a little addition known as Wells Emory Persinger!!!  I cannot imagine anything more perfect in this world than holding this sweet little miracle!  I have been blessed with the most precious rays of sunshine by the name of Melanie Madison, Aubrey Jayde, McKenzie Kate and Ella Rae and I am ecstatic to meet my sweet little guy!!


This past weekend, we had Sharon's final baby shower at my home in honor of little Wells.  It was truly an unforgetable celebration!  My other passions in life...other than my horses and weddings are parties and entertaining!  And this was one of the most fun filled events I have ever coordinated!  Of course, I could never have do it alone!  My girlfriends and my hearts, Maggie, Mia, Tara, my Mom and Mom Number 2 (Kathryn) made this day possible.  We put a lot of work into it, and it totally paid off!

Tissue paper pomanders hung from the chandelier and the mantle.  Moss covered letters in the initials of WPE hung above the fireplace.  Apothecary vases were filled with chocolate treats and the most beautiful diaper cake I have ever seen...made by the fabulous Mia Hickman stood as the centerpiece of the dining room table.  It turned out to be a truly beautiful day to celebrate our Mommy-to-be and her special delivery!
 I really am so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life!  Maggie, thank you for coming into town and helping me pull everything together!  It was so great spending time with you... you always have a way of chilling me out and making everything just work! Mia, you are unbelievably talented!  You made everything so emaculate and added such wonderful details. I am so glad that we had a chance to catch up and I am so thrilled you could stay with me! And Tara, you make every day so wonderful.  You always bring a positive, "everything is gonna be all right" attitude.  I don't know what in this world I would do without all of you.  Just like this party, you add so much color in my life...you chill me out, you add the details and you make me...me.  Thank you girls!! You are not just my friends, you are my sisters!  I love you very much!!
Mom, do I really need to say anything?  You make everything special in my life...every minute.  Thank you for everything you do for me, my friends and our family.  You always support me no matter what and I am so blessed God gave me an angel here on Earth.   And Kathryn, (Mom Number 2), your generousity always exceeds expectation.  You give so much to everyone around you, and even when you were admitted to the hospital two days before the shower, you were only concerned about how it was going to affect Sharon's day.  Your selflessness is something to be admired and I am so thankful God has put you in my life. 

And Sharon, again I say congratulations on your little bundle of joy.  He is truly be the miracle you have waited for your entire life.  I am honored to call you my sister and share these special days with you.  I love you so!  Congratulations to Sharon & Brian!! I can't wait to meet Mr. Wells!!

~xoxo~
Shannon


Sharon the Mommy-to-be with BB & Granny J

No comments:

Post a Comment